Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lazy Sunday


Yikes, it's been over a week since I posted anything. I definitely apologize for that. To be honest I haven't really been on my computer much lately - other than to write papers and such for classes of course. I think most of my computer time has morphed into Netflix and gaming time. Which is a good segue into what I've been watching and playing I suppose.



Well, first and foremost I've still been slogging along with Black Ops online and campaign. I've managed to prestige once (if that means anything to you) in the mulitplayer and I have to say I still love it. Making montages of ridiculously awesome tomahawk kills is... well awesome. As for the single player campaign - color me very impressed. Not only are the characters engaging and the action beyond intense but the plot is actually really interesting as well. I'm about 3 missions from the end and I have to say I'm loving the cinematic elements (like swimming through the swamps in Vietnam and Laos or flying the Blackbird over Russia) and the great variety of game-play. I can always tell a good campaign when I know I'll be playing it over again once I beat it.

It hasn't been all AK-47s and Attack Dogs though, I've also gotten very close to beating Kirby's Epic Yarn. I can definitely say it's one of the best games on the Wii. Yes, it is very easy (thought the last couple of worlds have gotten a bit harder) but it's just plain old simple fun - like knitting yarn... wait no. I don't know if anyone's looking for it but I may still write a full review on that one at some point.

As if covert operations and fluffy yarn creatures weren't entertaining enough I've also just started playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Both are fantastic so far and I'll comment more on them in a bit but in the interest of time I thought I'd just mention them briefly for now before I move on to what I've been watching.

This morning I finished the last episode of a brief two season series that got canceled recently called Pushing Daisies. If you haven't seen it I highly suggest taking a gander (I'll post a preview link below) as it is really quite fantastical. How best to describe it... hmm... well picture a television series created by Tim Burton (think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) mixed with the narrator of LittleBigPlanet (Jim Dale) with a dash of Gilmore Girls patented quick-wit and fast lines - but less annoying. That might not sound very good and I wish I had a better example than Gilmore Girls but just watch the video below.

I also watched a recently released animated Batman movie today called Under the Red Hood and was very impressed by the plot and general fan service. How they managed to squeeze Joker, Riddler, Black Mask, Nightwing, Red Hood, and a few others into an hour-and-a-half film without being convoluted I still don't know - but it was very entertaining and I would suggest it to any Batfans out there (or really any animation or comic book fans in general). The only bummer was that Mark Hamill didn't voice the Joker but the fact that Neil Patrick Harris did a fantastic Nightwing almost made up for it.

So yeah, apart from classes that's basically what I've been up to. I've written a couple new poems and short works that I'll probably post sometime soon as well but for now I'm going to get back to my lazy Sunday.

Pushing Daisies Promo:

No comments:

Post a Comment