Friday, April 15, 2011

The Comeback Kid

Hello everyone!

I'm still here. I know you were worried about me, but I've been doing fine - just a lot of school work, homework, and work work. Luckily my classes are done by May 6th and then I'll have the WHOLE summer to post random little blogs, thoughts, ideas, videos, lists, and everything else that is awesome. In the mean time though I wanted to blog about two very random different things.



The first is cereal - or more particularly Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Now let me preface this mini-rant by saying that I love cereal and I eat it every morning. I particularly enjoy Cocoa Rice Krispies, Raisin Bran Extra, Cinnabon (yes they have a cereal!), Froot Loops, and occasionally several other types. Unfortunately for me though, when my mom went grocery shopping she picked up a huge box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. My gripe with the cereal is not in the taste or even those weird cannibalistic commercials but instead in the form they come in. Who was the genius at General Mills decades ago that decided it would be a great idea to make a cereal in the shape of small sharp squares with a sandpaper-like quality? Think about it. It's a dang good thing that they DO taste good because why else in the world would you put a spoonful of tiny sharp sandpaper squares in your mouth? I;m guessing I'm the only one in the world who is bothered by this since they haven't changed the cereal in over a quarter century. For 27 years, those little buggers have been stabbing the gums of defenseless little children and I say NO MORE. Were serial killers the creators of this killer cereal?

On an entirely different note. I just wanted to let people know that Brett Dennen is awesome. I feel like nobody is really aware that he exists and for such a ridiculously unique artist with fantastic lyrics and rhythms like himself - this is a crime that rivals that of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I'm bringing this to your attention because I just picked up his newest album entitled Lover Boy and I literally cannot stop singing "The Comeback Kid" since I put the disc into my car. I'm going to link a youtube video of the song below and I suggest you check it out and then buy his album as well as another of his album's entitled So Much More.

Just wait until he gets to the chorus - I guarantee you'll be singing and dancing along.



If you HAVE heard of Brett Dennen it's probably because one of his singles was featured on House (below). Yeah same guy. I know, awesome right?

No comments:

Post a Comment